Welcome to Bernstein Allergy Group! I’m thrilled to be a part of such an amazing practice surrounded by a team of nurses and physicians who take pride in providing high-quality, compassionate care to their patients. As a partner, I feel privileged to join the ranks of a long line of specialty-leading experts who continue to push the boundaries of medicine within our subspecialty. I have always been drawn to the field of Allergy & Immunology because of the positive impact I can have on my patient’s quality of life. Through mutual partnership and continued education, my goal is to provide the very best evidence-based care for all my patients. I have a particular interest in food allergies, and currently help run our food oral immunotherapy program. Outside of work I’m a busy father of four kids: Elise, Petra, Cora and Gus. I love biking, gardening, cooking, and trying new foods and restaurants in the Cincinnati area.
Academic title: Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Allergy & Immunology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
Education: University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH
Residencies: Pediatrics, University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Cleveland, OH
Fellowships: Adult & Pediatric Allergy & Clinical Immunology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Board Certifications: American Board of Allergy & Immunology; American Board of Pediatrics
“I have had a fabulous experience with Bernstein Allergy Group and Dr. Greiwe specifically. They have been so eager to help me improve my condition and help me to understand more of what my triggers are for my Asthma and Allergies and explore other options. I can really say that I have a much stronger understanding of my diagnoses now in my adulthood and more confident that my conditions can continue to improve!”
“I switched to the Bernstein Allergy Group after suffering with severe eczema for my entire life. They were extremely easy to schedule with and send consistent reminders for appointments. Dr. Greiwe saw me and immediately knew how to help me. Although we had to jump through some hurdles with insurance, I was started on a new medication and within 2 weeks, my eczema was 95% gone. He has changed my life. I 100% recommend the Bernstein Allergy Group!”
- Greiwe J, Pazheri F, Schroer B. Nannies’ Knowledge, Attitude and Management of Food Allergies of Children: An Online Survey. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2015 Jan-Feb;3(1):63-7.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. Nonallergic Rhinitis: Diagnosis. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2016 May; 36(2): 289-303.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. Therapy of Antihistamine-Resistant Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2016 Nov 3:1-8.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. Combination Therapy in Allergic Rhinitis: What Works and What Does Not Work. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2016 Nov 1;30(6):391-396.
- Greiwe J. (2017) In Vitro and In Vivo Test for Drug Hypersensitivity Reactions. In: Khan D (eds) Drug Allergy Testing 1st Edition. Elsevier.
- Greiwe J. (2018) Nonallergic Vasomotor Rhinitis. In: Bernstein JA (ed.) Rhinitis and Related Upper Respiratory Conditions: A Clinical Guide. Springer, Cham.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein JA. (2019) Occupational Asthma. In: Mahmoudi M., Craig T., Ledford D. (eds) Allergy and Asthma. Springer, Cham.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. (2019) Anaphylaxis. Kellerman R, Rakel D (ed.), Conn’s Current Therapy. Elsevier Limited.
- Greiwe J. Oral Food Challenges in Infants and Toddlers. Stukus DR (ed.). Immunology and Allergy Clinics. Elsevier Limited. 2019 Nov 39(4), 481-493.
- Greiwe J. Using Telemedicine in a Private Allergy Practice. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019 Nov – Dec;7(8):2560-2567.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. (2019) Approach to the patient with hives. Ditto A (ed.), Medical Clinics on Allergy and Immunology for the Internist. Elsevier Limited.
- Greiwe J, Bernstein, JA. Allergic and Mixed Rhinitis: Diagnosis and natural evolution. Current Controversies and Challenges in Allergic Rhinitis Management