We are currently recruiting for the medical conditions below.

All study related visits and study related procedures and test are completed at no cost to you. Each study has specific criteria to qualify. Our hours are flexible to accommodate working families.

The location for all studies is: Bernstein Clinical Research Center, LLC 8444 Winton Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231

For questions or to participate, call us at 513-728-4747 or send us an email by clicking on contact us.

Current Studies:

1. Adult Asthma:

If you have asthma, you may qualify for participation in a voluntary research study involving an investigational drug.

Participants must:

  • Be aged between 18 and 75 years.
  • Have allergic asthma not adequately controlled on current treatment.
  • Have a history of one asthma exacerbation in the previous year treated with systemic corticosteroids.

2. Pediatric Asthma

The IMPAC study is a clinical research study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an investigational medication for children with persistent asthma.

Participants must:

  • Be between the ages of 5 and 11.
  • Have been clinically diagnosed with asthma for at least 6 months.
  • Have adequately controlled asthma on a stable dose of ICS/LABA combination therapy for at least 4 weeks.

3. The CREON2000A

Your child may qualify for a research study involving this investigational ultraviolet air purification system, the CREON2000A. The research study is to see if the system could decrease the severity of asthma and could help your child need to use less medicine. During the study, half the participants will receive the real research study device and others receive a sham that looks just like the real one.

The study doctors will treat your child’s asthma according to national guidelines with the goal of keeping your asthma under control. There will be no cost to you for participating. The costs of all study related doctor visits and tests are covered.

If your child qualifies to be in the study and, after hearing all information, you decide your child should participate in this study, a small compensation to cover some of the costs of your child’s participation will be given for each visit.

The study sponsor is General Innovations and Goods, Inc. (GI&G).

The study is funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).

4. Ragweed Allergy

Are Ragweed Allergy Symptoms Affecting Your Child?

Your child may be able to participate in a clinical research study for an investigational oral medication that is being studied to see if it may help symptoms of ragweed allergies in children. Call us for more information.

5. Sneezing and Sniffing Indoors?

You may be allergic to dust mites. A research study is testing an investigational allergy medication.

Participants must:

  • Be between the ages of 18 and 65.
  • Have had dust mite allergy symptoms for at least 1 year.

Participants Receive:

  • Reimbursement for time and travel.
  • No-cost study medication.
  • No-cost study related care from a local doctor.

6. Hereditary Angioedema

Clinical Research into Potential Treatment Options for HAE

The SAHARA clinical research study is looking for volunteers age 12 and older to test an investigational medication for preventing hereditary angioedema (HAE) attacks. This medication is injected under the skin. Qualified volunteers will receive all study medication or placebo (a lookalike that contains no active drug) and study-related medical care at no cost.

Participants must:

  • Be at least 12 years of age.
  • Be diagnosed with HAE.
  • Average at least ≥ 2 HAE attacks per month.

7. Atopic Dermatitis Study

Do You Have Atopic Dermatitis? Tired of hiding your red patches? Do you have red, dry, itchy, scaly patches on your body? We are currently recruiting people with atopic dermatitis to participate in a research study.

Participants must:

  • Be 18 years of age or older
  • Have moderate to severe atopic problems.

Participants receive:

  • Study related exams.
  • Study ointment or placebo.
  • Compensation for time and travel.

8. Clinical Research Study for COPD

If you have COPD, also known as chronic bronchitis or emphysema, you are likely being treated by a doctor and taking medication for your condition. If you are interested in exploring other options for your COPD, you may want to consider participating in a clinical research study.

Participants must:

  • Have COPD.
  • Be 40 years of age or older.
  • Be a current or former smoker.

Participants receive:

    • Study related exams.
    • Evaluations
    • Study drug or placebo at no cost.
    • Compensation for time and travel may be provided.

9. Hives: (Urticaria)

Are you between the ages of 19 and 70? Are you on medication for hives but still get hives every day?

If you answered yes to both questions, then you may qualify for a research study of an investigational drug for hives. Qualified participants will receive study related office visits, study related medication and reimbursement for study related office visits and study related travel up to $1150.

For more information call, Bernstein Clinical Research Center 513-728-4747